- 2013 Edinburgh Fringe Reviews
- 2014 Edinburgh Fringe Reviews
- 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Reviews
- 2016 Edinburgh Fringe Reviews
- 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Reviews
- Edinburgh – guide to the city
- Feminism & Body Image – let them eat cake… or fat is a political issue
- Health, Medicine & Diet – Frankenstein or feelin' fine?
- Muppets over Italy… feelin' lucky, punk?
- Politics – the girl who kicked the ballot box
- Quick Reads & Listens… from vampires to PM's dead wife!
- Words of Encouragement – exist and be happy
Category Archives: Feminism & Body Image – let them eat cake… or fat is a political issue
This year Blue Monday falls on 21st January. It’s the one day in the year when you have the perfect excuse to be miserable. The experts have calculated that debt + weather + time since the festive season + time … Continue reading
‘Sonsie’ can mean a lot of things: pleasing, cheerful, buxom – even. I think this vegan haggis has all those things going for it, and with no animal by products is suitable for vegans or people who would just rather … Continue reading
Audience reviews of Madame Senorita: The Expector remind me a bit of the rules of Fight Club. Nobody is prepared to fully disclose what actually goes on. The reviews are effusive though and it has ‘true spirit of the Fringe … Continue reading
If you’re in Edinburgh and want to celebrate International Women’s Day in a typically Edinburgh kind of way – that is low key, understated, unfussy, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it – get yourself along to the Portrait Gallery on Queen Street. There’s a small … Continue reading
You have to wonder what’s attracting people in their droves to the smut-fest that is 50 Shades of Grey. That relentless trundling juggernaut of hype, perhaps? Most probably but in my eavesdropping experience it’s a particular shade of person who’s … Continue reading